This is just a quick update, because I have only ten minutes left on my computer. I leave Tanzania in four days and I have such mixed emotions. Sometimes I get so frustrated with life here, like the over-crowded city and being called Mzungu (foreigner) everywhere I walk. But then there are other days when I think about life at home and I'm scared to go back. I can't remember what it's like to sit with a laptop on my lap, I don't want to be completely surrounded by building with no corn fields to break them up, and I'm afraid of the stress that comes along with school.
Life here seems simpler, but it's also not easy. There are nights when I don't have the energy to try to communicate in Swahili, and days when I wonder if I'm even making a difference.
I guess what I'm trying to get down to is that there is too much rushing through my brain right now for me to process. I'm trying to enjoy these last few days as much as possible so that I won't have any regrets. I think it will take some time for me to be able to understand this trip, but it has been the greatest learning experience of my life so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment