Friday, June 18, 2010

I'm Here!!!

So quick update:
After thirty straight hours of traveling, I am now here in Arusha, Tanzania! There were a couple of hiccups along the way, such as delayed flights and lost luggage, but they expect our luggage to turn up in a day or two. Luckily I thought to pack most of my necessities into my carry on, so I'm not for want of much (except a sleeping bag, which I will definitely need once we stay in the homestays). Meanwhile, we're chilling at a youth hostel for the weekend, and on Monday the work begins!

My first impressions of Tanzania are that the climate reminds me a lot of Hawaii (green, warm, humid), and that it's far from anything I have ever experienced. And did you know that they drive on the left side of the road? Tanzania was once colonized by the British, so I guess that habit stuck.

Anyway, this is going to be a short blog because jetlag is making my attention go haywire. But I will be back in not too long with more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment