So if you are reading this, it means you are one of the many people who has supported me in the past few months, whether it be fiscally, morally, or psychologically, in my efforts with One Heart Source. I am currently only two and a half weeks away from my flight, which leaves LAX at 10:30 on June 16th, 2010. I just want to take a moment to thank everyone who has been so supportive of me; I am unbelievably excited for this trip and I know it would not have been possible without all the friends, family, and friends of family who have assisted me along the way.
I still can't quite believe that I will be half way around the world in three weeks' time. I literally stumbled across this organization at a program which my RA dragged me to, and it has been instrumental in my changing my life during the past couple of months. Before One Heart Source, I felt aimless, as though I wasn't working toward anything and didn't have any goals. I didn't hate college, but I didn't particularly love it either, and I knew that I had yet to find my "niche" so to say in a university with 35,000 students. But since I was accepted to the program in March, I have felt motivated and excited for what is coming up in my life and ready to tackle everything head on because I have a goal that I am working toward. (I have learned during my freshman year at UCLA that I am not good at floating; there has to be a distinct purpose that I am focusing on and I have to be busy all the time.) My family at OHS inspires me to do so much (they even have me interested in biology, a subject that has never been my favorite), because they are so passionate. I can't even begin to describe to you how happy and excited this organization has made me, but I hope this blog will be able to communicate some of the experience.
Again, I would like to thank you. Because without you, none of this experience would have been possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment